Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Landlord's Legal history...

Posted by DAVID on December 04, 2001 at 10:51:11:

In Reply to: Landlord's Legal history... posted by Michael on December 01, 2001 at 16:53:13:

Hello Michael
You have raised an interesting question. Nowadays, realtors and the like can go to the housing courts or other public information services and request tenant records on you or I, perhaps for a small fee or maybe not......However, they can do this and include this in a background check on behalf of a prospective landlord. Therefore, why can't you request the same when you are on your search for an apartment? I have started a company that deals in part with this process and to answer your question directly "Yes" you can request that information about the landlord, However be prepared (on some landlords) to receive a ream of paper sized notes of events or proceedings....

: Is there a way to find out what cases my landlord has had against them in the past few years, and the decisions on these cases?

: I'm pretty sure I'm not the first one with this problem, and it's a big multi-building landlord.

: Thanks,

: Michael

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name