Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

can I get it back? - IN YOUR DREAMS!

Posted by Blue Zephyr on December 02, 2001 at 12:36:54:

In Reply to: After marshal's eviction from apt., can I get it back? posted by Sonia on December 01, 2001 at 16:20:44:

You're evicted. Outta there. Heave-ho. Why do you think the landlord is going to give it back to you? You are not "entitled" to an apartment, and certainly not one you don't pay for. Nice that you have the rent now - why didn't you pay it when it was due? Now you probably also owe late fees, court costs, and eviction fees.

Now I presume you're staying with a friend now. Why not focus on preventing this from happening in the future, rather than trying to stop what has already happened.

: The marshal has evicted me from my apatment on Friday for nonpayment of rent. Today is Saturday. What is my legal defence and procedure for getting it back? I can now pay total arrears plus the current month's rent. The apartment is in New York, NY; rent stabilized; written lease which is up for renewal in Feb. '02; 225+ units in coop building; built in the late 1920s. If I give the landlord this money, can he still deny me use of this apartment? Thanks in advance for any help.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name