Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Eviction--Complicated Situation

Posted by jen on December 05, 2001 at 14:12:38:

In Reply to: Eviction--Complicated Situation posted by JenVB2 on November 17, 2001 at 20:59:09:

: OK now here's the situation, sorry it can't be brief. I live in Williamsburg Brooklyn, now known for the rise in rent, in a 2 apartment buiding with a Chinese restarunt below and another building in the back with 6 small apartments . I am 24 yrs. old and I live with my mother and my 2 brothers and sister; 2 months ago the landlord offered my mother $3,000 to move out, she declined.
: Now his son tells my mother verbally that she has till the end of january to move out, because he has a family that he wants to put in here. Ok, my mother does not care anymore because she wants to leave but I do not. I am able to afford the apartment on my own now, but the landlord does not know this, yet.
: Here's the kicker, now I find out that she does not have a lease and she has never had a lease since she moved in (and she has been paying rent in cash without reciepts(dumb I know, which I expressed to her in a very rude manner, of course)); keep in mind that my mother took over the apartment from my grandmother(my grandmother also did not have a lease); combined with my mom and my grandmother have been living in this apartment for 20 years, I was here for 14 years because I lived with my grandmother as well.
: My goal is to get this apartment for myself, because I work in they city and I have lived here all my life, now that I can afford it I wish to take over.
: Now the problem is how to go about this situation.
: Thank you for any help that can be provided. Jennifer.

Could utility bills and other documents prove your address, like your old IRS papers if you saved any

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name