Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: From rent stabilized APARTMENT, to rooming house

Posted by EZT on November 28, 2001 at 19:13:57:

In Reply to: From rent stabilized APARTMENT, to rooming house posted by Artie on November 28, 2001 at 17:39:24:

: I live in Brooklyn, NY. I have lived in my apartment for 6 years. When it was time to resign my lease, I happened to notice that the title for my 'apartment' was crossed out, and replaced with the word 'room". Meanwhile, my rent was increased by $25. Am I losing out on any rights or services due to the change in dwelling description? Should I be paying less for a room? Or is this real estate 'jargon'? HELP

no, the landlord cannot change the status simpl;y by what he calls it on a tenant's form.

if your apt does not have both a legal kitchen and a legal bath for your exclusive use, it is not an apt, it is an SRO room.

to find out what you live in, start by checking the Certificate of Occupancy (dept of Buildings) and the DHCR registration.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name