Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

From rent stabilized APARTMENT, to rooming house

Posted by Artie on November 28, 2001 at 17:39:24:

I live in Brooklyn, NY. I have lived in my apartment for 6 years. When it was time to resign my lease, I happened to notice that the title for my 'apartment' was crossed out, and replaced with the word 'room". Meanwhile, my rent was increased by $25. Am I losing out on any rights or services due to the change in dwelling description? Should I be paying less for a room? Or is this real estate 'jargon'? HELP

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name