Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

If they're serious...

Posted by MikeW on November 27, 2001 at 12:19:28:

In Reply to: FINES AND EVICTIONS posted by Cristina on November 26, 2001 at 12:46:24:

... they'll have to haul you into housing court. There, everything will be dumped in front of the judge, who will decide if you have to pay the fine, and if they can evict you. At worst, he'll rule that you have to pay the fine, and give you the chance to do so. At best, he'll invalidate the fine. The only way I see (in my completely unprofessional opinion), that you could be evicted, is if the judge ordered you to pay the fine, and you refused without appealing the decision.

Most likely the LL is just posturing, and will not take this to court.

: I reside in the Bronx, NY and I rent an apartment. I have been fined $150 by the management company for damaging something that I did not do. They claim that the security guard saw me do such act. This is all due to the fact that I began a Tenants association in my building and demanded that they fix the dilapitated conditions of my building. This is all boogus and I refuse to pay for something I did not do. Can the landlord evict me for this? I plan to continue paying my rent minus the $150 dollars. How can I fight this fine. They are just using this as a form of retaliation.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name