Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Security Deposit

Posted by Cranky Tenant on November 26, 2001 at 17:27:39:

In Reply to: Security Deposit posted by Xay on November 26, 2001 at 17:15:56:

Unless you're rented your apartment from a bank it's highly unlikely they would ever report you to a credit agency-- that is one that would have any effect on your credit rating.

One of the things that interesting about getting a copy of your credit report is seeing who actualy reports information. Last time I checked it was only my credit card companies and cell phone provider.

Your LL could go to a collection agency but most of them don't seem to report either.

: Hi,

: I recently moved from my apartment in San Jose, CA. I was there for about 1 year. My landlord sent me an itemized list of repairs along with a notice to pay about $80, stating that my deposit of $500 dollars was not sufficient to cover the cost of repairs. The letter said if I did not pay, they would report me to the Credit Reporting Agencies and give me bad credit. Is this legal? I was unable to find any information about Landlord's rights to request more money from tenants than the Security Deposit.

: - Xay

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name