Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: my father died and i want to keep the apt. i need help

Posted by Lilly on November 23, 2001 at 20:39:18:

In Reply to: my father died and i want to keep the apt. i need help posted by cal on November 23, 2001 at 13:26:41:

You must have lived in that apartment AS YOUR PRIMARY RESIDENCE for (at least) the previous 2 years. If you are a disabled person or a senior citizen, then it's 1 year. This address should be listed on
your tax returns, drivers license, voters registration, bank statements, utility bills, anything and everything that you can think of should be listed at this address. LL is probably gonna fight you on this. The burden of proof is on you to prove your right to succession. Hope you lived there 24/7 for the past 2 years.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name