Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

I want to move out but my roommates won't sign the paper

Posted by Tim on November 18, 2001 at 18:33:26:

Hello Guys,

Here's my situation and it's kind of complicated. I've been living with 2 roommates for a year and 3 months, everything has been good until a couple of months ago they planned to have someone to move in place of me, without telling me. Their reason for that was personal reasons, it has nothing to do with my the way I liveing style. Now that I found out they've been talking behind my back I decided to move out but since We're splitting the rent to this apartment and we all signed a contract that ends in September 2002, the only way that I would be removed from the lease was if I got their signatures. I told them that I wnat to move out at the end of this month and no later than the 1st month of next month, and I can help them find a new roommate. The response that I got from them was that I can physically move out from here but I would still have to pay rent and utility. I agree with letting them find a roommate for themselves but I'm afraid that they would take their sweet time because I know there are tons of people who would like to live here. What can I do? Any suggestions or is there any laws that syas they can't do that? Any help would be great, thanks guys.

Sincerely yours,

Tim

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name