Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Fighting homelessness...need info

Posted by mae on November 15, 2001 at 18:10:46:

In Reply to: Fighting homelessness posted by lauren on November 15, 2001 at 17:23:09:

You were told.....by a legal aid attorney.....well you got what you paid for.

So do yourself a favor.... spend time tomorrow at DHCR and find out for yourself....why is the building NOT subject to stabilization?

How many apartments does it have? is the apartment legal? do you have the certificate of occupancy?

Holdover....that means staying past when you were supposed to leave...... were you given proper notice? why did they want you to move? Unless you have something to grab on to and delay your eviction, chances are all a judge might give you is an extra month or two to move..

:
:
: I was told by my Legal Aid Attorney that I will be evicted when this case goes to trial because the building is not subjected to rent stablized laws nor rent controlled laws and I never had a lease although I have been living in this apartment (NYC) for over 12 years. I heard he can do this by presenting an application called Holdover. The Attorney handling my case said Tenants can not win in Holdover cases. Is this true?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name