Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Are you Kidding??!!??

Posted by elsieb on November 07, 2001 at 09:02:41:

In Reply to: Re: Landlord wants me out posted by Bibly on November 06, 2001 at 00:13:04:

Somehow, somewhere, you have misinterpeted and took advantage of their generosity. They allowed you to stay in apt. for 5 years. You must have realized during this time that you had to make future plans for yourself in the long run in the event you needed to move. 5 yrs. appears awfully generous to me and selfish of you to believe otherwise. Granted, it wasnt for free, but apts. have mortgages/maintenance/common charges as well and these have to be paid on time. You have the misfortune of being unemployed, but what exactly is it you expect them to do? Are you looking for a life tenancy? I dont believe they have spited you; it sounds as if you behaved badly in terms of this apt. and how far families should go in assisting a 40 year old woman. Your family extended their hand, you've fallen out of good graces w/ them and you basically have to move. You have no lease, so basically you have a month to month tenancy. They have put you on notice. What they do with the apt. is basically up to them, they bought it, its theirs, thats how that works, and their son will inherit in the future. I would put you out also. Things like this piss me off; you sound like a welfare recipient who doesnt know when its time to quit the handouts.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name