Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent History - need help reviewing for overcharge complaint

Posted by Lilly on November 06, 2001 at 22:52:10:

In Reply to: Rent History - need help reviewing for overcharge complaint posted by Missy on November 06, 2001 at 19:00:40:

You have to file an overcharge complaint WITHIN four years of the overcharge, and any overcharge will be time barred to the registration of 4 years ago. As for an expert, have a DHCR caseworker go over it with you. As for rent increases for renovations, if the apt was vacant, no tenant permission is needed, and the owner can add on 1/40 of the cost per month, and that becomes a permanent part of the rent. Additionally, there is a vacancy allowance of about 18%.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name