Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

a) where are you located? 2) did you both sign the lease?

Posted by Ace on November 06, 2001 at 16:42:33:

In Reply to: Am I responsible for this rent? posted by Jane D on November 06, 2001 at 16:38:28:

if you signed a lease along with the ex, then you may be held liable. Obtain a copy of the lease if you don't have a copy already and read it over for any clauses or loopholes...

: A year ago I moved out of an apartment I was sharing with my ex boyfriend , he was still living there. I had belongings in the apartment that I tried to take out but he always had an excuse. Less than a month ago he told me he was moving out and I should come get my things. I tried and tried and he was either "going out" or just was not there. He promised to leave me a key before moving out so I could get my things. Now he has moved out, owing 3 months rent, all my things are still in the apartment unless he took them with him

: The landlord says he will take ME to court to get this money. How likely will it be that I have to end up paying. Neighbors, superintendent, even old landlord knew that I moved out.

: Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name