Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Rent Stabilized Apartment

Posted by Concerned Tenant on November 05, 2001 at 18:26:14:

Here is a tricky situation. My mother has been super in the building for 20 years, her payment had always been $100 per month plus she did not have to pay rent for her rent-stabilized apt. Anyways, new landlords, new rules. They basically told her she had to move out of her rent-stabilized apt because they were going to use it as an office. She was able to get an another apt in the same building (also rent-stabilized but considerably smaller) but now she had to pay rent and she was still the super. Fast forward, 6 mths later, they renovated the apartment and rented it out to somebody else and this person is not related to the landlord at all and they are NOT using it as an office.

I just found out that what they did was illegal. My mother is still living in the building but she is no longer the super. I was wondering if I could report them or something. I am NOT interested in any damages, but I think it was unfair they took advantage of my mother in this manner, and they should be punished.

Thanks for your help.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name