Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Why do you Rent ?

Posted by Minty on November 05, 2001 at 02:59:14:

In Reply to: Why do you Rent ? posted by Curious on November 04, 2001 at 12:31:31:

Some of us had the misfortune of consolidating student loans with a private company at the tune of $300/mo in interest alone.

I'm not blaming this exclusively, but many of us are not in the position of taking out a loan for a down payment, let alone commissions, time for classes in ownership/maintenance (though the HPD offers many of these), and shopping around for a neighborhood bank with the best interest rate. That, and the potential exhaustion of the whole process. While attainable, this is not possible for someone like me at this point in my life.

It would be lovely if I could shell out $8,000 for a cottage with a yard (as my friends in southern Illinois did recently), but obviously price is also an issue. If you're spending such money, you would ideally like to spend some time to research such an investment. However, time isn't a luxury, especially when dealing with foreclosures.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name