Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: rent increase...maybe

Posted by dan on November 04, 2001 at 21:19:21:

In Reply to: rent increase posted by kd on November 04, 2001 at 20:29:45:

The commercial space is a BIG space? could it have been 2 apartments years ago? if there were 6 apartments back in 1974 it still could be stabilized today.

Time to really really look at a building, and do some investigating, you could go to the building dept and get the Certificate of Occupancy to see how many legal untis are listed then check the blue prints to see what construction there has been in the last 40 years...

Do you think any apartments were combined to make 1 apartment from 2 smaller ones?

:
: hello,
: i am looking for some information on rent increase rules/regulations. i do not think i am in a rent stabilized or controled building and my landlord increased my rent nearly 17% for the new lease. i have been in the apartment for 6 years and his habit has always been in the normal 5% increase for a new lease. Can he legally raise the rent 17%?
: The building is in manhattan.there are 4 residential units in the building plus one commercial space. not sure of building's age (at least 50 years old)
: thanks in advance for any insight

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name