Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: 30 Day Notice and Legal Rights for Eviction

Posted by Anonymous on November 04, 2001 at 12:46:16:

In Reply to: Re: 30 Day Notice and Legal Rights for Eviction posted by Jeremy on November 03, 2001 at 22:34:16:

I am located in Richmond County, New York (NYC Metro area).

At this point I do think I need to consult an attorney...as his behaviour is both erradic, antagonistic, and hostile (baring dillusional -- mentally unstable). I sort of feel bad for the guy...because the cause / symptoms of his actions is completely in his mind. The behaviour never effected me in the past...but is now targeted at me. I am building a case (for my protection / reputation), and will be soliciting references and observations from sane / stable neighbors -- but all along, I know this will simply cause him embarassment -- which is not my true nature.

The more he does directed specifically at me makes very angry and not sympathetic to his dilema (financial, jobless state, and such).

As far as the police are concerned...I had talked with them informally and can have them testify for evidence / certification. But hadnt made the Harrassment complaint until the badgering on November 2nd. I witnessed and got pictures of him knocking over my plants outside and in an intentionally harrasing manner hosing down my door (as the neighbors can attest to). I also have photos of him harrasing me on the October 16.

The kicker in all this is I dont think he really understands what he is doing to himself. Every action on his part makes him more guilty of violations of law. Entering the apartment illegally, harrassing, disrupting services, threatening me with revenge (for what i still dont know) -- and all because he believes someone is out to get him -- and breaking into his house (while he is at home) -- he use to beleive it was someone living behind him (which will be one of the people i solicit for statement), and now that person is me.

I really like where I am and HAD really enjoyed them as landlords (the wife and the husband). I dont want to destroy there last bit of stability -- causing them more trouble, but I ALSO DONT BELIEVE I SHOULD BE FORCED OUT BECAUSE OF THIS MAN's PARANOIA. And again, I am not financially able to make a move here today...but let me tell you...as soon as i can -- f__k it, im out of here. Anybody with a head on there shoulders would not put up with a loony bin (fruit loop).

I am actually tempted to get an order of protection (as he is really unstable) and the police said it is possible -- they are being very helpful...as my dad was a retired police officer.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name