Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Not a Phony!! Not a hospital employee or university student

Posted by Hannah on November 02, 2001 at 08:23:43:

In Reply to: Everything posted here is wrong - Employer/University housing exempt posted by Abogado on November 02, 2001 at 01:04:16:

> Sorry, but housing provided by your employer,

I do not work for New York Presbyterian Hospital.

> or by a university where you are a student, has never been rent
> stabilized.

Haven't been a student since 1992. I WORK for Columbia University.

> You're in a whole different ballgame, brother.

Sister!

> What an phony - you complain and whine about where you are, yet you
> want to stay.

What is so phony? I didn't go into full detail from the beginning, because I didn't want to take up soo much bandwidth. Long story short: Originally moved into their bldg. because I heard great things about how they took care of their properties. Up to 11/00 had great super. LL promoted to him main bldg. Got new super, did not live on site til 1/01 (60+ apt. bldg.). New super fought with LL over size of his apt. - not resolved to his satisfaction. New super did nothing. Bsmt at times got so full of trash you could not physically make it to the garbage cans. Roach and mice infestation increased exponentially. Heat and hot water kept going out. In the winter did not salt the walks until after 9 am. None of the porters in the building would actually do work because he wasn't. Ceiling fell down in my kitchen; took almost a week to start work and then another 5 days before you could safely walk in it. Super was fired/quit 5/01-6/01. No new super until August.

Are you saying that despite the fact that my children were too afraid to go into the bathrooom alone or into the kitchen because of the bugs I have no right to complain? I still have unrepaired cracks in the ceilings and walls due to previous water damage and the newly installed light fixture (6/01) in my bathroom is beginning to fall, I beleive this is due to water damage in my ceiling.

As for wanting to stay: 1) Close to work 2) Two kids in elem school 3) I hate moving 4) I like my apt. and until 11/01 I loved it.

> Just stay where you are; let the courts and your
> landlord decide when you'll move.

What is your problem? Why should I just sit back and let people make decisions for me?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name