Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: MY home condemded, I need help

Posted by Renee on November 01, 2001 at 16:22:44:

In Reply to: Re: MY home condemded, I need help posted by ChrisG on November 01, 2001 at 10:26:08:

In MI - lease is terminated because of breach of contract. No further accountability is required except for return of security as required by law and any rent for remaining period. This happens quite often when a tenant calls in inspectors to complain about habitability and they end up on the short end of the stick. I had one woman call me last summer for a place that I had advertised when she had to move from the place in which she was living because the inspector gave her and the family only 24 hours to move . She was the one that called the inspecotr in. The place was so bad it was condemned on the spot. Question is - why would someone rent such a place. I drove by and it was obviously dilapidated from the exterior and one could only surmise what the interior was like. The LL took no security for this place and these people had no place to go. They did not pass our credit check either and ultimatey ended up in a homeless shelter. (Shelter called and tried to intervene in their behalf.) Don't know what happened to them after that but they were definitely worse off than where they had begun.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name