Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

So unfair!

Posted by Charlotte on October 30, 2001 at 15:44:03:

In Reply to: Rent controlled apartments: Already taken posted by Provost on October 30, 2001 at 15:05:28:

That is so unfair! I have read that you can make 200K a year and still have a rent control apartment. Jeez -- if I made that much, I could just go out and rent what I wanted.

I have also read that the average Manhattan rent is $600 a month -- that is so wrong -- even 90 minutes away from Manhattan, you can't rent for that, unless it's just a room. In Brooklyn and Hoboken, there are 4-figure apartments that are not as nice as the housing projects where I live now -- I would be embarassed to have my parents see me living like this.

Maybe people with servants' quarters would rent them to me for house-sitting or some work around their apartments (or is there a list somewhere of 85-year-old men with rent control apartments who would like a child bride / 25 year old roommate?!).

Who are these people who benefit from rent control and why do you keep these laws if they don't really mean that poor working people will ever be able to get an apartment from them.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name