Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Lease expires and Re-lease Paperwork

Posted by Heather on October 29, 2001 at 17:18:25:

I live in NYC, and my lease expires on 11/30/01. I am moving out, but my roommate is deciding whether or not to remain in the apartment. The management company sent the re-lease papers to us, and we still have not sent them in, indicating whether or not we (well, she) will be re-leasing. These papers are supposed to be in 30 days before the lease ends (meaning that the papers should actually be in to the management company by 10/31). My question is: What will happen if these papers are sent back later than 30 days before the lease ends? Would they automatically consider that we, together, are re-leasing the apartment for another year? While my roommate is weighing out her options, should I send the management company a letter, letting them know that I am not re-leasing? I have already made arrangements with my building super to move out, but I'm concerned about the management company. Any help would be much appreciated!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name