Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

need help on answers

Posted by tracie on October 29, 2001 at 12:13:08:

i live in the state of washington. we are currently renting from a family member it is located in a shop of which they converted into a apartment after a house fire they had several years ago after signing a rent agreement she had told us that it was a single family dwelling and our rent had to be payed by cash only and we would not recieve any sort of reciept we were told we were unable to tell people were we lived or have visiters . we had some papers served to us but it went to her house and she took them and opened the papers and proceded to yell at us for our past of unpaid bills . then she proceded to tell us she wanted to see our checkbook . of which we never gave to her. she would corner my son and put him down on his clothing he would were and tell him he was lazy and he would grow up to be a drug addict and she would corner my husband and put him down also it got too the point where we did not want to go outside . then she had told us we were not able to be out past dark . then this past week i had a argument with her she had left nasty and cruel messages on our answering machine and i confronted her about it about her lies and her put downs to my family she then told us we had to move . some questions i wanted to ask was do we have to pay next months rent if we did not give a notice or she didn't give us a eviction notice ? is there any sort of law for harresment on a tenant in the state od washington ? can we ask for those past reciepts in the past? we did sign a rental agreemant for a month to month basis any help on this matter would be greatfull
thanks

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name