Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Landlord and Shelter Incentive

Posted by Chrysinth on October 28, 2001 at 10:14:27:

I live in a rent stabilized apartment in a prewar, 60 unit bullding in Harlem. In the last few years many of the newer tenants have come from homeless shelters thru a program that gives landlords an incentive or stipend to provide housing to those in need. I would like to know the name of the law/provision that provides for that program. I would also like to know if tenants, including beneficiaries of the program, have any redress if services are diminished by landlord and staff. The building is not as clean as it use to be, repairs take forever, garbage, bikes and carts are left outside the apartment doors and the super has stated the he is intimated by some of the more troublesome tenants. Most of the tenants are displeased. Self-pay tenants can hold their rents, but are fewer in number. Other tenants are not sure how to fight conditions that are obviously declining. For example how can tenants on Section 8 or participants in this program withhold rent or protest conditions? I would appreciate any information on what can be done. Thank you

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name