Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: MCI Increase

Posted by Ace on October 25, 2001 at 17:49:57:

In Reply to: MCI Increase posted by Nick on October 22, 2001 at 17:35:51:

If you're in NYC, I believe there is a late fee.

: The Owner of the building where I live in a rent-stabilized apartment was granted a substantial MCI rent increase. I've been paying it for a few years now (at the 6%-per-year cap of the increase; in other words, I get an MCI rent increase about every 12 months on top of the 2-year renewal increase). The increase was so large, these MCI increases (both retroactive and prospective) go on for the next several years. Question: If I move out before this MCI is totally passed along, am I responsible for the MCI increases "scheduled" for the years when I won't even be living in the apartment? So that when I move out, I'd have to pay the Owner these final MCI pass-alongs?

: Also: Can a landlord of a rent-stabilized apartment charge late fees if there's nothing in my lease that specifically says he can? I have been told by two lawyers that he can't. He still adds it on to the monthly rent invoice. I don't pay it. What is my liability here?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name