Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

need advice on nightmare roommate

Posted by anonymous on October 25, 2001 at 11:28:40:

I am moving out of an apartment I am sharing with a girl who is a big control freak. I am not on the lease; only my roommate is - and she is refusing to give back my deposit because I did not give her a full 30 day's notice, because it was a week after the month started when I decided to move for sure (also at her request; we were not getting along), and I thought it would be easier for both parties to find a roommate for the first of the month anyway. Not to mention I moved IN a week into August yet paid the entire month, so this sort of made up for it. As our arguing about it intensified she threatened to change the locks and put my stuff out on the street, and then said she could force me to pay rent through Feburary, which was what was our original "agreement" (that was very vague). It's total B.S., because she wasn't planning to keep the "agreement" either -she's moving out too and breaking her lease. What are my rights in this situation??? It's hard because I am not on any lease so I don't know how it works. Thanks for your help.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name