Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: roommate harassment

Posted by nancy on October 24, 2001 at 15:42:17:

In Reply to: roommate harassment posted by sandy on October 24, 2001 at 14:48:17:

: Is there any precedent or standard means of dealing with co-tenant to co-tenant harassment? my roommate (we're both oin the lease of a rent-stabilized apartment) has threatened to shut off utilities, threatened to sue me over utilities (even though i pay on time), told me i'm not allowed to use the phone, and has been talking about not paying his rent -- since i'd either have to cover the difference or be evicted along with him. he's also had friends over calling me a slut and leaving vulgar messages about me on kitchen blackboards.

: any suggestions? is any of this actionable, or just crappy stuff i'll have to put up with or leave?
myself id think of getting a restraining order and a new roommate..or yes just leave. he sounds a bit wacky..is it a fight over wanting a relationship with you maybe? jealous if you bring guys over?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name