Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Pending Eviction; court question....EBAY!!!!

Posted by don on October 23, 2001 at 21:17:06:

In Reply to: Pending Eviction; court question posted by Lynn_NYC on October 23, 2001 at 20:34:21:

Its the new economy, you will learn to sell your stuff on http://www.ebay.com when times are tough.....

Everybody has stuff lying around that can be flipped over for cash. Learn the rules and join the crowd.

You really should have contacted the landlord and see if you could have sublet or have him advertise the apartment last month and you do you best to show the apartment and get someone else in to sign a new lease before your bill got so high.....

A landlord wants the money, but you should have been mitigating YOUR losses as well.

:
: This is a first for me. I am awaiting a pending eviction notice to be served upon me soon. I have been unable to pay my rent for the past 3 mos, next week will make 4 mos. In any event, does it make sense for me to appear in court once I receive the notice? I do not have the means to pay (I lost my job and it's gotten harder to find work here) my rent is so high that I would never be able to catch up when I do get work. Either way I am going to end up with a Marshal's notice, court or not since I have no case, I have nothing to tell the judge by offering a payment as I don't have it and can't tell them I will have the money because it's not there. What should I do in with the court situation? I have been hurrying to find a dirt cheap place that I can afford to pay on my unemployment. Should I just move out, God willing I find a place, before the Marshals come. I will pay the LL what I owe him even after moving but it won't be until next year that I can begin to make payments on the balance. Thanks for any advice or words of encouragement; I'm very sad these days.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name