Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: rent control questions

Posted by don on October 23, 2001 at 09:55:55:

In Reply to: rent control questions posted by P. Mills on October 23, 2001 at 09:04:49:

Most rent controlled people have no leases, so there is nothing to really worry about, the landlord accepts your checks, and the invoices are made out to you....

But since you are paying an Incredibly LOW RENT, you must do whatever it takes to NEVER NEVER EVER pay your rent late.......

Even if you have to sell your belongings on EBAY! http://www.ebay.com

The landlord is just waiting to sue you to recover your apartment....as per the person who posted on this board who forgot to pay sept rent, got an evcition notice after 17 years in the apartment....he will win but it will cost him some $$$$$.

:
: I live in a rent controlled apartment with my 2 children in NYC which I 'inherited' from my ex-husband. I urgently need to know what my rights are as a tenant. There is no written lease. The rent invoices are made out to me now, but his name still appears on official documents, such as the annual fuel adjustment. It's a pre-war building with around 80 units.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name