Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Oh give me a break: Here's the info on heat requirements:Re: Please Help us

Posted by Lilly on October 21, 2001 at 20:23:56:

In Reply to: Please Help us posted by Robert and Robin McQueen on October 21, 2001 at 14:05:46:

If Outside Temp. Inside Temp must
Day is less than: be more than:

6:00 am - 10:00 pm 55 68
10:00 pm - 6:00 am 40 55

If You Have Problems With Heat In Your Building:
Use the form below to record the inside and outside temperature. Call the Weather Bureau at (212) 976-1212 to get the official outside temperature. Use a thermometer to take the temperature inside your apartment.

Call the Central Complaint Bureau at (212) 960-4800 to register your complaint. You should call each day you have a heating problem. They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Write and call your landlord. Send letters by certified mail, return receipt requested and keep a copy of the letter. Keep a list of each date and time you called your landlord to complain.

Consider organizing a tenant's association and filing an HP Action against your landlord in Housing Court. If you live in a rent regulated apartment, consider filing a complaint with the Division of Housing and Community Renewal (718) 519-5678

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name