Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Please Help us,..what is the problem?

Posted by don on October 21, 2001 at 17:09:34:

In Reply to: Please Help us posted by Robert and Robin McQueen on October 21, 2001 at 14:05:46:

First do you have a YEAR's Lease?

If you do, you need to send a certified letter return reciept to the landlord stating tha you have a legal right to heat, and that he has 7 days to fix it, if not you will call a repairman and deduct it from the rent.

The landlord is breaking the lease, and you have a right to heat....If the landlord does anything like lock you out threatens you or moves your stuff...Call the POLICE and have him arrested!

OH a lease works BOTH ways whoever breaks it will owe the other side penalties....so if the landlord wanted to break the lease he would have to PAY YOU to move.

: We are located in Stuyvesant NY and our situation is this. We pay a monthly lease (Agreement) of $500.00 per month heat and Hot water included. Unfortunately we have to pay the heat because the furnace is broken forcing us to use the electric heat. In the lease agreement it says heat and hot water included. When I called the landlord regarding this he was very confrontational and said if I didn't like it I could pack my bags and get the F_ _ _ out! We have faithfully paid our rent on time and cant understand the hostility torwards us. Any assistance you could provide us would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name