Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

More Information Needed --- Wrong Forum

Posted by Provost on October 18, 2001 at 19:21:49:

In Reply to: legal advise posted by ana on October 18, 2001 at 18:48:50:

I presume you are a commercial tenant. Where are you located?
Keep in mind that this forum is for residential tenants. Commercial tenant function in a totally seperate legal environment. Among other things, a commercial tenant MUST respect the entire term of its lease, and cannot just "move out" and expect to be absolved of paying future rent.

As your situation is really beyond the scope of what anyone here has experience in, I'd suggest you find a lawyer you are comfortable in, or ask your question in a forum for general contract law and business disputes.

: Due to financial distress we were complying with a settlement for late rent payment because of the same reason we did request our landlord to move our operations to a smaller office.
: Their response was yes but we will obtain current market rates
: eventhough our lease was signed on 1997.
: At the same time we receive a bill of $4,600 for operational expenses for 1999 and 2000.
: Unable to afford their rates we move out now we are in court they want to accelerate the lease meaning $70,000 versus $13,000 that we owe. Please I need advise my lawyer is a moron!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name