Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

follow-up, clarification, and thanks

Posted by wane on October 16, 2001 at 16:20:41:

In Reply to: Problem 2: squirrels (that's right!)...longish post posted by wane on October 12, 2001 at 22:42:00:

It's cool, y'all, I read the board before I posted and I already knew that that schmuck was a LL lackey. As we know (here in the lower classes), in the real world, changing apartments is EXPENSIVE. As long as people in my situation decide, "I can't handle the hassle,so I'll jet" LLs will get away with whatever they please........and I am learning the City agencies (HP, DHCR) are complicit in all this goings-on. The DHCR simply sent a letter (no phone # to be found ANYwhere on stationery) saying that my complaint was docketed in error and voided. "Sorry for any inconvenience," was what I got for my troubles. I cannot get anyone to help with the rodents, not DoH or EPA. The HP Inspector refused to write up a violation based on the fact that there was nothing for him to SEE - I couldn't very well collapse the ceiling to reveal nutshells, corpses, waste, and whatever. EVEN THE pro se atty was RUDE and DISMISSIVE! If I seem a bit frustrated, it's cuz I am! My neighbors are apathetic and unwilling to do anything....and i have to say it: they are contributing to the situation.

I'm gonna keep on, and I intend to win.
I wouldn't be bothered by late fees I've already paid............but the fact is DHCR says it's a NO-NO (((((check out their website, this may apply to YOU))))), and considering how many times in the last 6 months I've gone without hot water (13 to be exact), I'd be ill-disposed to paying a fee even if that weren't so.

Thanks for the kind words, and believe me, I'm not done!!!!!!!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name