Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Problem 2: squirrels (that's right!)...longish post

Posted by me on October 15, 2001 at 18:19:56:

In Reply to: Problem 2: squirrels (that's right!)...longish post posted by wane on October 12, 2001 at 22:42:00:

Please ignore the imbecilic flame you received. You have a genuine problem, not an unsual one for that matter, and indeed squirrels ARE rodents.
Unfortunately I can think of no easy solution to your situation, other than the chancy one of court action, as you are getting no response from the usual authorities. Why was your DHCR complaint "voided"?

: They have access to the infrastructure and run around in the ceiling, rolling nuts,etc. Lately, I've even heard the weird calls they make to each oither (kinda like pigeon cooing). Theyt have chewed my phone lines to the point where I lost service 5/00 and 6/01.....threy are all over the place, and the nutshells too....up and down the fire escape, etc A woman in the next bldg FEEDS THEM ON HER WINDOWSILL, in addition to her pigeons that flock to her window and roof.

: Lasst year, one fell into a very narrow vertical wall. The LL sent the exterminator, who drilled a few holes and pumped in poison. It STILL took 2 days to stop clawing!! The jack@ss neglected to fill the holes, and within 10 days or so, my apartment REEKED of the stench of the carcass. management was VERY slow to respond, and sent another guy to open the wall and remove it........i will nEVER forget the smell, esp after he added (MY) Clorox to the mix, to disinfect. I KNEW I should have KEPT it, and brought it to the Office! NOT KIDDING!
: By New Years i was sicker than Ive ever been in my life, upper resp. infection. I DEMAnDED in writing that the problem be fixed, but they have been waffling and shuffling, and they are STILL IN THE ceiling - I am not the only one, have asked the neighbors, but p[eople are.........apathetic....

: ##### DHCR "voided" my complaint after 6 months, without offering a reason
: #### HP Inspector refused to write a violation, as he didn't "see" anything to write up
: #### DoHealth refused to respond: "we only deal with mice and rats"
: ### EPA referred me back to Health, also to CACC and ASPCA!!!!

:
: These are RODENTS, and they are very intrusive and destructive!
: Have another inspection coming up, but still don't know what to "show" anyone.....everyone is treating me like I'm a nut!

: ANY experience, tips, comments?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name