Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: If I am renting out a condo, can I not renew the lease if I want to live there when the lease is up?? YES.......

Posted by red on October 15, 2001 at 09:12:33:

In Reply to: If I am renting out a condo, can I not renew the lease if I want to live there when the lease is up?? posted by no name on October 15, 2001 at 05:09:40:

Its' YOUR property YOU are the boss, all you have to do is give the tenant at least 30 days before the lease ends or 60 days if they paid 2 months security or last month's rent,(then they can use the last months rentas the last months rent) that you are not renewing the lease. It must be in writing, and it is best to send anthoer copy certified mail RETURN reciept, so you have a record they signed for it.

Also some practical advice.....make a quick look at the apartment, and if there is no major damage...holes in the wall or rug etc....offer to give them back their FULL security deposit IN WRITING when they hand you the keys before the lease ends...

It could prevent trouble later ..like they holdover and dont move, and YOU are stuck and cant move in.

: Or do I have to keep renewing until the tenant wants to move?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name