Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Reply One

Posted by wane on October 13, 2001 at 02:50:52:

In Reply to: Solution 1: Get a Life posted by Provost on October 13, 2001 at 00:21:56:

There's no statute of limitations when it comes to recovering rent overcharge, which is what this amounts to. The DHCR says the fees are invalid, therefore I am entitled to refund. It wouldn't matter if it were $125 or $1.25. Did I get to deduct from the rent for every morning there wasn't hot water for a shower? Ditto the deposit, as regards the law and amount of money. I wouldn't bother with either issue though, if not for the repeated failure of hot water and rodent problem. And yes, the rent was late, but always paid inside the month. I'm missing where the sarcasm comes from: adjusting to the end of a longtime relationship in which expenses were shared was difficult, but I was in contact with Management, and got a raise to fix the situation. Don't care whether the LL found it "charming" - or you for that matter - but the bottom line is, his "inconvenience" didn't merit a $25 fee.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name