Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: No heat yet, No ground on outlets, No lock on front door

Posted by Minty on October 12, 2001 at 14:48:26:

In Reply to: No heat yet, No ground on outlets, No lock on front door posted by Cosmo Brown on October 11, 2001 at 19:19:50:

Ugh, I've lived this story before! Are you sure you haven't been reading my journal? :)

When I was keeping a record of temperatures, I used an digital candy thermometer. Wave the prong in the air, and it gives an instant reading. You may find this particularly helpful if you also temper chocolate!

As far as those outlets, you might want to consider a city wiring inspector. Written violations of your house of horrors could come in handy later. It's also fun to say to the LL, "Yeah... hmmm. Well, I think we need to get a wiring inspector in here. I just don't, well, feel SAFE." The reaction to this statement varies from indignation to soiling the bed - in my experience, expressing this had magically changed my very own ungrounded outlets to grounded outlets within a few weeks. Keep in mind, though, the electricity for these space heaters will cost a pretty penny.

Good luck! And, didn't you hate riding the elevator or train with people who were complaining about TOO MUCH heat?!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name