Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

notice to cure/notice of termination

Posted by kate on October 11, 2001 at 12:23:20:

I have a rent controlled apartment which I have not been in for some time due to a family illness. My boyfriend periodically uses the apartment as a secondary residence. I told my landlord that my boyfriend would be in the apartment occasionally when I renewed my lease. I have received a ten day notice to cure, saying that I have sublet my apartment. I sent a letter back to the lawyer saying I have not sublet the apartment. The landlord simply wants me out and won't respond to my calls. Now I have received 7 day notice of termination, saying that I have failed to cure. No one has been in the apartment since the cure date. I cannot return to the apartment anytime in the next few months. What can I do? I cannot afford serious legal fees, but I don't want to lose the apartment. Can I at least prolong things legally with the landlord until such time as my mother has recovered and I can return? I have a very reasonable rent, have lived in the apt for ten years, and the landlord is desperate to get me out. I always pay my rent on time. Are there any tenant's rights organizations that could provide me with legal advice/forms/how to defend myself against eviction? HELP!!!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name