Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: No price until they see my application?

Posted by Stacy on October 09, 2001 at 12:54:43:

In Reply to: No price until they see my application? posted by Aimee on October 09, 2001 at 09:13:41:

It would help to have more details about the building and apartment, since the answer to this depends on whether or not the unit should be stabilized. The best way to find out is to go to DHCR and request a rent history for your unit. If you don't have a lease, bring a utility bill or some other official document with the address.

If the unit is not stabilized -- either because it legitimately climbed over $2000 or because it was never subject to stabilization in the first place -- then I suppose there's nothing stopping them from setting whatever price they choose any way they choose. I agree it's pretty weird and invasive for them to request info first, but I don't know of anything prohibiting that. If you want to keep the place, negotiation is probably your best tactic. Good luck.

: I have been in residence at 72 Charles St. for 1 yr without being on lease. I am applying for the lease myself now with the primary tenant having moved out.

: The landlord has send me an application which requests my income and other details. Is it okay for them to process this and run a credit report before giving me pricing on the apartment? They have given a "possible range of price" but this seems a little weird to not have a definite price!

: They said they need to see my income before they give me a monthly rent price. The unit has moved from rent stabilized to market rate as it is "over 2000" and therefore acc'dg to them subject to market rate. Please advise.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name