Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Warranty of Habitability

Posted by me on October 02, 2001 at 18:10:46:

In Reply to: Warranty of Habitability posted by Brooklyn on September 28, 2001 at 10:31:03:

You really need competent legal advice, which you can't get here. Perhaps someone out there knows a legal clinic that help this person.

: I have lived in a single apt-non-regulated housing in Bklyn. for 7 years. Current lease valid until late 2002. Throughout the entire time , the landlord has continually promised to repair things in the apt. that are a safety hazard (warped floorboards-exposed nails). In Aug. we withheld rent under Warranty of Habitability. He sued us for non-payment.
: I have a court date and the LL's atty is saying that we are: -responsible for all repairs (untrue-unless we caused damage-we didn't)
: -responsible for his legal fees
: I took the LL's word every time he renewed our lease that he would do repairs. I never brought an HP action because tried to avoid court- does signing leases negate his oral contract to do repairs?
: I had a housing inspection- several B violations- when does he have to have these completed? our court date is 3 wks after the inspection.
: Thanks for any input

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name