Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Regarding harressment..no harrasment!

Posted by dj on September 28, 2001 at 08:38:26:

In Reply to: Regarding harressment by housing management to renter posted by Ashish Jain on September 28, 2001 at 01:01:34:

Sorry there is no harassment......YOU signed a lease YOU are being held to its terms.

You should have gotten your employer to pay the 4 months penalty or NOT taken the job transfer.

;
;
;
;
;

: Hi
: I rented an apt on one year lease.
: but my employer changed my job site, so I had to move out to different state.
: I was forced to break the lease.
:
: Now in lease agreement, it's written that i have to give two month's prior notice and plus I have to give two months equivalent rent as lease breaking amount.
: I had to leave the apt with in few days so that i can join my new job site. Therefore I couldn't give two month's notice.
: Now my housing agency claiming from me FOUR months of rent (two month notice rent + lease breaking amout).
: Moreover after I moved out, they rented my apt to new tenant after one week.
:
: I feel, very cheated here on two grounds.
: 1. Why I need to pay both type of amount, i.e. two months notice also and two month of rent for lease breaking.
: 2. If the same apt was rented just after one week, i moved out, then I should be paying money only for period, for which apartment was empty.
:
:
: Please advice me as soon as possible.
: What are my rights?
: Also without sending me any debt claim settlement document to me, they have forwarded my case to debt collector which is making repeated calls to me in my work office.
: Housing agency is VIRGINIA state based.
: And debt collector is MARYLAND state based company.
:
:
: Thanks
: Ashish Jain

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name