Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Food for thought

Posted by Provost on September 26, 2001 at 19:23:57:

In Reply to: Noisy belligerent neighbor, neither is gonna move out, HELP! posted by Dawn on September 26, 2001 at 12:52:50:

This is not relevant to helping your fued with your neighbor. But nonetheless must be said. Too bad you didn't save your money for seven years instead of renting. Instead of fighting with your neighbor now you could own the place, or something similar.

Anyway, get used to it. Assuming your rent stabilized neighbor pays her rent on time, she's not going to be evicted anytime soon. Rent stabilization laws protect tenants like her from being needlessly evicted by landlords.

: I live in a rent stabilized apartment in Queens and have complained to the LL by letter regarding the upstairs neighbor above me. I've lived here for over seven years and this neighbor does nothing to quiet the bangings and yellings and stompings that go on up there and has actually gone out of their way to disturb my peace. I suspect the neighbor is in a rent stabilized apartment as well tho' I'm not really sure. I'm assuming it is because the building we live in has six apartments...

: The landlord claims he's already talked to her at least once and she "promised" to behave but it still goes on. When I get up in the morning, I'm awoken to her yelling and stomping and it doesn't quit til I either leave for work or after 10 p.m. at night.

: Is there a way to legally scare her further? I wonder if she's crazy enough to try to file for an order of protection to make me look like the evil one here. I've heard neighbor from hell stories...

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name