Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

noisy bar probs

Posted by sleepless tenant on September 25, 2001 at 01:23:33:

I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has any suggestions or advice for me. I live in a rent-stabilized apartment in Manhattan and have been under a yearly lease for nearly 3 1/2 years (I renew year-to-year), and have consistently paid my rent on time.

My problem is that there is a bar/nightclub several floors below me (rented from the same landlord as me, it opened about 5 months ago) that emanates constant pounding bass 6 nights/week--I'm getting vibrations beneath my bed/through my walls and sleep is very difficult. I've called both the DEP and my local precinct, as well as speaking to the club owner about lowering the noise, but to no avail. It's still taking place. Is there any way, short of taking him to court, I can get my landlord to mediate? I really don't want to pursue legal remedies, but this is rendering my place nearly uninhabitable for sleep!

Thanks in advance to anyone who has experienced a similar situation or can give advice as to a plan of action.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name