Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Relocation out of NYC,..whoa wait a minute

Posted by dj on September 23, 2001 at 12:48:24:

In Reply to: Relocation out of NYC posted by hildy on September 22, 2001 at 20:56:12:

First before you make any rash decesions...do you want to leave NYC permenantly?

Are you going to be better off finacially? are you sure the company wont have a layoff in the next 2 years?

You would be able to sublet for up to 2 years if you could show some proof (or BS) that you would be coming back.

Because if something didnt work out and you really wanted to come back and live in NYC, you will probably NEVER get rent as low as what you have now.
;
;

;

: I have been offered a job with company outside of NYC. As there are no indications in my lease as to what my rights and responsibilities are, I am wondering what ARE the laws in NYC reagrding relocation. I know that everything seems to be different here than anywhere else that I have lived (rarely to my advantage). Any help will be appreciated. Apartment is in Queens and is stabilized.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name