Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Landlord is procrastinating big time!!

Posted by Need advice on September 22, 2001 at 14:09:59:

We are renting a house and for almost 3 months, our landlord has been promising to fix many things. The carpet is to be replaced, but she has brought in 5 people for estimates. Then she says they never call her back. This is the same story for one of our toilets in need of a plumber (it can't be used) and various jobs needed to be done by a handyman. One handyman has already come and fixed a few things, but he never completed the work. She paid him anyways. She has repeatedly told us that "this is costing too much". Now, she shows up today (Saturday) with ANOTHER carpet guy and she never called us to tell us he was coming!! This is getting to be a nightmare. What are my rights? I have given her a complete list of repairs. I have helped her in many ways including taking time off work to be there for the appointments she has set up. I have taken my own time to get estimates and quotes for her, but they are ignored. She has told me that everything "takes time", but this is ridiculous. One of the main reasons I got this place was that it has a spa. Before we rented, she said it would be retiled and cleaned. There have been about 3 people who have come to estimate the job on that and nothing has been fixed. We can't even use the spa and haven't since we moved in. I know that the spa does not warrent non-habitability, but the spa is part of the property and I still have to pay full rent for something I can't use at all! I need advice.

Feel free to email me personally at webmaster@dnsecrets.com

Thank you in advance!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name