Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Refinance

Posted by Simon on September 21, 2001 at 15:30:52:

I recently informed the management at my coop that I intended to refinance my mortgage and what steps would I need to take, if any, with the management corp. I was thinking they may have some sort of small charge to answer some questions from the bank, as it is with the same bank there is no transfer of shares. To my amazement, they wanted to do a credit check, $90, a $200 application fee and a $250 fee to go over the Recognition agreement and a copy of my 2000 tax returns. The bank were dumbfounded as to why the management were charging me a dime and offered the credit check they were running ($14)to the management company for nothing. They told me the board had to approve the refinance for the coop. Last time I checked it was the bank that was doing the loaning of money. I feel it is absurd that I am being charged these fees and think they are using any excuse to squeeze a few more dollars out of the tenants. Can anyone can shed any light on the legality of this situation?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name