Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Please help me

Posted by Caroline Fass on September 21, 2001 at 03:33:42:

27 months ago was the last time I paid rent. the landlord never bothered me and now says he will be serving me a 30 day notice. I was in the hospital 27 months ago in a coma and by the time i came home, my sister had tried to transfer my co-op stock certificate in her name and remove my name by getting it notarized by a board member and my forged signature asking that i be removed and the stock be put in my sisters name. my bathroom ceiling had caved in and it took 4 months for them to fix it. i was very sick up until last year and the landlord has changed hands 4 times (4 different management companies). i asked yesterday for my stock and proprietary lease back and thats when they said that i have to pay 27 months back rent. I said that no late fees have never been put on my bill. and the bathroom was still not done properly and that no way was i coughing up 27 months of rent. i told them that also they had no right to wait over 2 years to ask me for rent. i said i would pay them up to a years worth of rent and fix the bathroom myself. they said no way. please advise the most back rent a court will allow since this is not fair to me. i was very sick in a coma and my sister acted as if i was dead (i did not have a will saying she could have co-op) and board member and she committed forgery. all 3 management companies never fixed my bathroom and so please advise on what the courts will allow. the landlord is not entitled to 27 months. my bathroom ceiling was caved in for over 8 months while i was in my coma. so i should at least be entitled to 8 months of abatement. please advise. thank you.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name