Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: BIS is finally ONLINE!

Posted by Mel P on September 09, 2001 at 04:39:46:

In Reply to: BIS is finally ONLINE! posted by link on September 08, 2001 at 21:48:36:

Very interesting (and useful) that site is... Looked up my previous apartment, a DOB inspector had started sniffing around 9 weeks before I moved and I was pretty sure it was because my apartment was illegal, even though the landlord would not tell me straight out after the inspector started coming around (LL did tell me I would have to relocate "temporarily" - he tried to put me in another apartment of his but I didn't like the building, and he couldn't tell me how long "temporarily" was, so I refused).

I moved before an inspector ever got access (I was always at work when he came around) and it looks like from the BIS site that the very *day after* I moved out DOB executed a search warrant. See it got hit with illegal occupancy (guess one night of vacancy wasn't enough time to obliterate all evidence of my previous occupancy), alteration and work w/o permit...oh boy I *just* missed all the real fun! (sarcasm mode on)

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name