Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

TO Provost ........Re: Where shall I begin with advice ... Ex wife? Roommate? Landlord?

Posted by jce5086 on September 08, 2001 at 03:38:08:

In Reply to: Where shall I begin with advice ... Ex wife? Roommate? Landlord? posted by Provost on September 08, 2001 at 00:27:56:

This may be funny to you but not to my kids and family. One MAJOR problem is of course money.. Have you bought a house lately? There is not enough money left over to get a Uhaul and motel. The reason this was a PERFECT move is because it is a few houses down and no Uhal was going to be needed. Carrying everything over. Now you say, move everything in Uhaul to storage for TWO days, stay in hotel for TWO days, rent Uhaul again to move everything back 3 houses away from where I just moved them TWO days ago. Now... I'm sorry, but that just sounds stupid. Even holding over the Uhaul for the two days instead of a storage is still to much. Every bit of money is tide up into turning utilities on, first months morgage, down payment, closing cost, car payment due, home insurance, etc.....
Again I said, I don't care about Texas evictions. I'm not talking about staying in the house for weeks or months longer....TWO DAYS!! Not enough time for her to even get a court date set up. So that blows your point. This board has links to Texas and every other state property code laws. I have read them and know the lockout procedure. She can lock out, but has to provide me a key to get back in, and not just to get stuff. That may be NY, but I have the right to stay in house until the eviction court date, which could be weeks or even a month. Again, we are only talking about TWO days. The only advice I was looking for at this forum was some reassurance from LEGAL Professionals that know the code. I guess no one is smart enough here to help me!
ps. How about my patience with getting into the house. We went from start to close in less than 3 weeks, a record for buying a house.. All I'm asking for is two days... And I never pushed back the date cause I never gave her a date. I only told her we close on the 6th. First time buying house, didn't know when you get keys to actually move in so I never gave her a specific date. She came up with the 9th.
Thanks for your advice anyway......

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name