Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Where shall I begin with advice ... Ex wife? Roommate? Landlord?

Posted by Provost on September 08, 2001 at 00:27:56:

In Reply to: Month to month, no lease...Please HELP posted by jce5086 on September 07, 2001 at 21:37:19:

Let's see...
So you live together with your ex wife. And your entire family lives with a "roommate". And your former friend's mother wants to evict you. Geez, this is Tenant Net, not some daytime TV show.

You asked for advice so I'll focus on the real estate issue. Don't mess with evictions in Texas. Ignore most of what you read on this board becuase its for New York. Yes, your landlord can lock you out after giving you notice. You can call the Justice of the Peace to let you back in, but only to round up all your things and move out.

Your ex-wife may be buying a new house but that isn't a concern to your landlord. And your landlord has been more than reasonable, allowing you to push back your move out date several times. I bet her patience is wearing thin.

Why don't you just rent a U-haul, throw your stuff in. Then get a motel room to move your family to for a few days, while they're between houses.

Hope your new house is a long way from the neighbors.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name