Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Cats won't work for rats. You need to get...

Posted by MikeW on September 07, 2001 at 12:54:58:

In Reply to: Taking Slumlord to court. posted by gary on September 07, 2001 at 10:38:01:

... a Jack Russel Terrier. They were bred for ratting. Rats are too big for cats. Cats only deal well with mice. Jackies are fearless.

Anyway, for vermin, call the health department and get an inspection. They can force the LL to call in an exterminator, or do the work themselves and bill the LL.

: I am filing an HP Action against my slumlord for lack of services. I have been suffering for years and I want to sue for suffering and cost of repairs. I had to buy 4 cats over the past 5 years as a remedy for the rats in my building and apartment. What can I actually sue for? As a result my girlfriend has moved out because she and I were getting no sleep because of the fear of rats. Do I have to wait until the owners lawyer trys to sue me for holding onto my rent before I can try to sue him? I have pictures, audio tapes of conversations, and tenants that are on my side, this is all my proof of the serious problems here.

: regards,

: gary

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name